job opportunity: deployed geospatial analyst
Geographic Services, Inc., located at 7901 Jones Branch Drive, Suite 210, McLean, VA 22102, is actively seeking to hire a Deployed Geospatial Analyst to fulfill the duties and responsibilities described in the Position Description below. This is a full-time position.Apply: Interested candidates should click here to apply online.
Description: The Geospatial Analyst shall design, analyze, and develop geospatial solutions and product specifications for infrastructure features for global geospatial images and products.
- Use proprietary and COTS tools to assess, integrate, manipulate, exploit, extract and analyze digital imagery, geospatial databases, and various sources.
- Use remote sensing, spatial analysis, and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) tools and skills to construct multi source geospatial intelligence databases.
- Creation and integration of complete GIS databases including data conflation, data conversion, digitizing, feature attribution, editing of GIS layers, performance of quality control procedures and reviews to ensure geospatial and content accuracy, and report generation.
- Specific tasks include capturing transportation, vegetation, cultural, topographic and hydrographic layers from imagery and other sources.
- Perform complex finishing cartographer activities and quality assurance using ESRI software involving both manual and automated processes.
- 3+ years of experience with geospatial analysis
- Must be willing to deploy to CENTCOM AOR for 4 to 6 months
- Experience with digital cartography, image processing, computer technology, geographical information systems (GIS), geospatial production techniques, remote sensing, and photogrammetry
- Experience with most of the following: ArcGIS, ArcSDE, ArcView, ArcIMS, ArcTools, the Integrated Exploitation Capability (IEC) system, SocetSet, TerraExplorer or Builder, RemoteView, ERDAS IMAGINE, MRSID, VB and VBA or other object-oriented programming and scripting language, or Oracle and other appropriate software to analyze geospatial data
- Knowledge of commercial imagery, products, processes, and sensors
- Ability to read and comprehend intelligence issues and military affairs and use GIS to develop geospatial intelligence reports and products to solve problems
- Ability to work independently with minimal or no oversight
- S/SCI clearance required
- HS diploma or GED
- Experience with extracting Feature Data using NTM, Mapping, Charting, and Geodesy (MC&G) Stereo Imagery, Digital Point Positioning Database (DPPDB) or Orthorectified Mono Equivalent Precise Terrain and Ortho Product (PTOP), Mr. Sid Orthorectified Geotiffs (MSOG), Precise Orthorectified Image Datasets (POl D), and Controlled Image Base® (CIB®)
- Experience with creating, updating, and managing geospatial information system databases and
- Experience with identifying, compiling, and assessing geospatial and imagery data sets to
- Experience with performing geospatial analysis and presenting results in the form of datasets,
visualization, and models for inclusion in standard and formalized intelligence analysis products
- Experience with deploying
- Experience with the military or supporting military operations
- Knowledge of programming in Visual Basic and Python Scripting
- Knowledge of NGA tasking and collection process
- Knowledge of NGA and the intelligence community
- Possession of excellent client support skills
- TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph preferred